into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Miami Masters: Very solid Rune defeats Schwartzman
Holger Rune won against Diego Schwartzman 6-4, 6-2 on Sunday
Dane Holger Rune, the No 7 seed, reached the last 16 of the Miami Masters by winning against Argentinian Diego Schwartzman, the No 31 seed, 6-4, 6-2 at the Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday.
Rune, ranked No 8, will play the winner of the match between American Taylor Fritz, the No 9 seed, and Canadian Denis Shapovalov, the No 24 seed, next.
The 19-year-old Dane defeated Hungarian Marton Fucsovics (6-3, 7-5) at the previous round. These back-to-back clean wins bring confidence back in Rune’s mind after his early loss at Indian Wells.
Schwartzman, ranked No 38, beat Chinese Yibing Wu (7-6 (1), 6-1) in the previous round. He just won three matches in 2023, losing six times at the first round.
Miami Masters, other third-round results (Hard Rock Stadium, hard, USD 8.800.000, most recent results first):
- Casper Ruud vs. Botic van de Zandschulp
- Cristian Garin vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Karen Khachanov vs. Jiri Lehecka
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Frances Tiafoe
- Felix Auger-Aliassime vs. Francisco Cerundolo
- Alex Molcan vs. Daniil Medvedev
- Quentin Halys vs. Mackenzie McDonald
- Christopher Eubanks vs. Gregoire Barrere
- Hubert Hurkacz vs. Adrian Mannarino
- Jannik Sinner vs. Grigor Dimitrov
- Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Taro Daniel
- Carlos Alcaraz vs. Dusan Lajovic
- Miomir Kecmanovic vs. Andrey Rublev
- Taylor Fritz vs. Denis Shapovalov
- Tommy Paul (16) beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (20): 6-3, 7-5