into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Sinner eases into quarter-finals as he chases three-peat at Sofia Open
Jannik Sinner defeated Nuno Borges 6-3, 6-4 on Thursday evening and will play the winner of the match between Australian Aleksandar Vukic and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in the next round
Italian Jannik Sinner, the top seed and the winner of the event for the past two years, beat Portuguese Nuno Borges 6-3, 6-4 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Sofia Open at the Arena Armeec Sofia on Thursday evening.
Sinner, ranked No 10, will play the winner of the match between Australian Aleksandar Vukic and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco next.
In the previous round of the Sofia, Borges, ranked No 93, won against Bosnian lucky loser Mirza Basic (3-6, 6-3, 6-2).
Sofia ATP 250, other second-round results (Arena Armeec Sofia, EUR 534.555, most recent results first):
- Aleksandar Vukic vs. Fernando Verdasco
- Marc-Andrea Huesler beat Pablo Carreno Busta (2): 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
- Holger Rune (5) beat Lorenzo Sonego: 6-7 (1), 6-4, 6-3
- Kamil Majchrzak beat Oscar Otte (8): 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
- Jan-Lennard Struff (Q) beat Ugo Humbert (Q): 6-3, 6-1
- Lorenzo Musetti (4) beat Alexandar Lazarov (WC): 6-7 (5), 7-6 (8), 6-2
- Ilya Ivashka beat Grigor Dimitrov (3): 6-3, 7-6 (3)