into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Roland-Garros: Swiatek extends winning streak to 29 with first-round win in Paris
Iga Swiatek won against Lesia Tsurenko 6-2, 6-0 on Monday and will face the winner of the match between American Alison Riske and Ukrainian Dayana Yastremska next
The Pole put on a clinical display to win 6-2, 6-0 in just 55 minutes against the 32-year-old Tsurenko, who was ranked as high as No 23 in 2019 but came through the qualifying draw in Paris after dropping out of the top 100.
With rain interrupting play on outside courts, Swiatek won her match indoors on Court Philippe Chatrier.
Swiatek has not lost a match since mid-February and is gunning for her sixth consecutive title this fortnight.
The Pole will face either American Alison Riske or Ukrainian Dayana Yastremska in the second round..
Paris (Grand Slam): Other first-round results (Stade Roland-Garros, clay, EUR 43.600.000)
- Daria Saville beat Valentini Grammatikopoulou: 6-1, 6-2
- Andrea Petkovic beat Oceane Dodin: 6-4, 6-2
- Amanda Anisimova beat Naomi Osaka: 7-5, 6-4
- Petra Kvitova beat Anna Bondar: 7-6 , 6-1
- Martina Trevisan beat Harriet Dart: 6-0, 6-2
- Qinwen Zheng beat Maryna Zanevska: 6-3, 6-1