into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Parma Open: Sherif books spot in quarter-finals
Mayar Sherif won against Simona Waltert 6-3, 7-6 (1) on Wednesday and will face the winner of the match between American Lauren Davis and Spaniard Sara Sorribes Tormo in the next round
Egyptian Mayar Sherif advanced to the last 8 of the Parma Open by winning against Swiss qualifier Simona Waltert 6-3, 7-6 (1) at the Tennis Club Parma on Wednesday.
Sherif, ranked No 74, will face the winner of the match between American Lauren Davis and Spaniard Sara Sorribes Tormo next.
In the previous round of the Parma Ladies Open, the Egyptian beat Hungarian Anna Bondar, the No 5 seed (7-5, 6-4). Waltert, ranked No 120, defeated Slovenian Tamara Zidansek (6-4, 6-4).
Parma WTA 250, other second-round matches (Tennis Club Parma, clay, EUR 203.204, most recent results first):
- Matilde Paoletti vs. Irina-Camelia Begu: to be played in Parma
- Jasmine Paolini vs. Elisabetta Cocciaretto: to be played in Parma
- Maria Sakkari vs. Arantxa Rus: to be played in Parma
- Lauren Davis vs. Sara Sorribes Tormo: to be played in Parma
- Ana Bogdan vs. Anna Karolina Schmiedlova: wednesday
- Sloane Stephens vs. Danka Kovinic: wednesday
- Maryna Zanevska beat Dalma Galfi: 6-1, 6-3