into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Haddad Maia sees off teenager Noskova to reach 10th WTA Tour final of the year
The Brazilian is set to rise to a new career-high ranking of at least 14 next week
Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia, continued her stunning year as she reached a 10th WTA Tour quarter-final with 6-1, 7-5 victory over Czech teenager Linda Noskova at the Tallinn Open on Wednesday.
The Brazilian, who has won two titles this year on her way to a career-high No 15, held off the 17-year-old’s second-set fightback to reach the last eight. She’s set to rise to a new career-high of at least No 14 next week.
The No 3 seed will play the winner of the match between Czech Barbora Krejcikova, the No 7 seed, and Ukrainian Marta Kostyuk next.
The Brazilian edged out Chinese Xinyu Wang (6-3, 1-6, 6-4) ahead of her victory.
In the previous round, Noskova, ranked No 105, edged out Frenchwoman Diane Parry (2-6, 6-3, 6-4).
Tallinn WTA 250, other second-round results (Forus Tennis Centre, hard, EUR 251.750, most recent results first):
- Shuai Zhang vs. Donna Vekic
- Ysaline Bonaventure vs. Jil Teichmann
- Anett Kontaveit vs. Tereza Martincova
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Marta Kostyuk
- Karolina Muchova (WC) beat Viktorija Golubic (Q): 4-6, 6-0, 6-2
- Belinda Bencic (2) beat Katie Boulter (Q): 6-4, 6-7 (2), 6-3