UTS: Updated schedule for the first weekend
After rain forced the postponement of day 1 of Ultimate Tennis Showdown, organisers have confirmed a revised programme for its first weekend, with three matches during the day session and two during the night session on both Sunday and Monday.
- 13 Jun 2020
- 13 Jun 2020
A top-10 match-up, two showmen going head to head, a one-handed backhand clash, the first weekend of Ultimate Tennis Showdown promises to be a great show at the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy! The official programme has been revised after the rain of day 1 and matches will start at 4:00 PM CET, on Sunday and Monday.
Sunday June 14 :
- Match 1 – 4 PM CET : Elliot Benchetrit “The Underdog” vs Alexei Popyrin “The Sniper”
- Match 2 – 5.15 PM CET : Dustin Brown “The Artist” vs Matteo Berrettini “The Hammer”
- Match 3 – 6.30 PM CET : Feliciano Lopez “The Torero” vs Lucas Pouille “The French Flair”
- Match 4 – 9 PM CET : Richard Gasquet “The Virtuoso” vs David Goffin “The Rebel”
- Match 5 – 10.15 PM CET : Stefanos Tsitsipas “The Greek God” vs Benoit Paire “The Rebel”
You're in for a wild ride.
— UTS | Ultimate Tennis Showdown (@UTShowdown) June 11, 2020
Monday June 15
- Match 1 – 4:00 PM CET: Lucas Pouille “The French Flair” vs Elliot Benchetrit “The Underdog”
- Match 2 – 5.15 PM CET: Dustin Brown “The Artist” vs Benoit Paire “The Rebel”
- Match 3 – 6.30 PM CET: David Goffin “The Rebel” vs Matteo Berrettini “The Hammer”
- Match 4 – 9:00 PM CET: Feliciano Lopez “The Torero” vs Alexei Popyrin “The Sniper”
- Match 5 – 10:15 PM CET: Stefanos Tsitsipas “The Greek God” vs Richard Gasquet “The Virtuoso”
Quick reminder: the matches will be played in four 10-minute quarters, with a two-minute break between each. The player with the most points after 10 minutes, which will be signified by a loud buzzer, will win the quarter. There will be a loud countdown for each second during the last minute of the match. If both players are tied, a decisive point will be played. If a player wins the first three quarters, the fourth quarter is played for set-average purposes. If they have won two quarters each, a fifth will be played with a sudden-death format. The first one to win two points in a row will be the winner.