into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Adelaide International 1: Khachanov dominates Draper and reaches quarter-finals
Karen Khachanov won against Jack Draper 6-4, 6-2 on Wednesday
Russian Karen Khachanov, the No 8 seed, advanced to the quarter-finals of the Adelaide International 1 by winning against Jack Draper 6-4, 6-2 at Memorial Drive Tennis Centre on Wednesday.
Khachanov, ranked No 20, will play the winner of the match between Russian Daniil Medvedev, the No 3 seed, and Serb Miomir Kecmanovic next.
The Russian beat Argentinian Pedro Cachin (6-2, 6-4) in the previous round. Draper, ranked No 42, won against qualifier SoonWoo Kwon (6-2, 6-1).
Adelaide ATP250, other second-round results (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre, hard, USD 642.735, most recent results first):
- Sebastian Korda vs. Roberto Bautista Agut
- Jannik Sinner vs. Thanasi Kokkinakis
- Roman Safiullin vs. Denis Shapovalov
- Novak Djokovic vs. Quentin Halys
- Marcos Giron vs. Alexei Popyrin
- Daniil Medvedev vs. Miomir Kecmanovic
- Yoshihito Nishioka vs. Mackenzie McDonald