into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Dallas Open: Fritz moves into quarter-finals, defeating Sock
Taylor Fritz won against Jack Sock 7-6 (5), 6-4 on Friday night. He’ll face the winner of the match between German Oscar Otte and American Marcos Giron, the No 7 seed, in the next round
Top seed Taylor Fritz won against wildcard Jack Sock 7-6 (5), 6-4 to move into the last eight of the Dallas Open at the Styslinger/Altec Tennis Complex on Thursday night.
Fritz, ranked No 8, will face the winner of the match between German Oscar Otte and American Marcos Giron, the No 7 seed, next.
In the previous round of the Dallas tournament, Sock, ranked No 141, edged out Belarusian Ilya Ivashka (7-6 (2), 4-6, 6-4).
Dallas ATP250, other second-round results (Styslinger/Altec Tennis Complex, hard, USD 737.170, most recent results first):
- Oscar Otte vs. Marcos Giron : Thursday in Dallas
- John Isner (5) beat Daniel Altmaier: 6-3, 7-6 (1)
- Adrian Mannarino (8) beat Jordan Thompson: 6-2, 7-6 (3)
- Emilio Gomez beat Miomir Kecmanovic (4): 2-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4
- Yibing Wu beat Denis Shapovalov (3): 7-6 (1), 6-4
- Frances Tiafoe (2) beat Mackenzie McDonald: 6-1, 6-3
- J.J. Wolf (6) beat Radu Albot: 6-3, 7-6 (5)