into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Qatar Open: Davidovich Fokina makes second round
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina beat Constant Lestienne 6-4, 6-3 on Monday evening
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina at the 2022 US Open in New York Image Credit: AI / Reuters / Panoramic
Qatar ExxonMobil Open •Third round • completedSee draw
Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina, the No 7 seed, reached the second round of the Qatar Open by winning against Frenchman Constant Lestienne 6-4, 6-3 at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on Monday evening.
Davidovich Fokina, ranked No 31, will play the winner of the match between Jordanian wildcard Abedallah Shelbayh and SoonWoo Kwon next.
Doha ATP250, other first-round results (Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex, hard, USD 1.377.025, most recent results first):
- Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Marton Fucsovics
- Abedallah Shelbayh vs. SoonWoo Kwon
- Damir Dzumhur vs. Jiri Lehecka
- Nikoloz Basilashvili vs. Alexandre Muller
- Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Daniel Evans
- Ilya Ivashka vs. Botic van de Zandschulp
- Tallon Griekspoor vs. Quentin Halys
- Andy Murray (WC) beat Lorenzo Sonego: 4-6, 6-1, 7-6 (4)
- Liam Broady (Q) beat Oleksii Krutykh (Q): 6-0, 4-6, 7-6 (2)
- Christopher O’Connell beat Fernando Verdasco (WC): 6-1, 3-6, 6-0
- Jason Kubler beat Aslan Karatsev: 7-6 (4), 1-0 ret.