into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Qatar Open: Lehecka books spot in last eight
Jiri Lehecka defeated Emil Ruusuvuori 6-2, 7-6 (2) on Wednesday afternoon. He’ll play the winner of the match between Russian Andrey Rublev, the top seed, and Dutchman Tallon Griekspoor in the next round
Czech Jiri Lehecka reached the quarter-finals of the Qatar Open by winning against Finn Emil Ruusuvuori 6-2, 7-6 (2) at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on Wednesday afternoon.
Lehecka, ranked No 52, will face the winner of the match between Russian Andrey Rublev, the top seed, and Dutchman Tallon Griekspoor next.
Ahead of his victory, the 21-year-old Czech defeated Bosnian qualifier Damir Dzumhur (6-3, 7-6 (3)).
Ruusuvuori, ranked No 51, beat No 6 seed Daniel Evans (7-5, 6-4) in the previous round of the Doha Open.
Doha ATP250, other second-round results (Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex, hard, USD 1.377.025, most recent results first):
- Liam Broady vs. Daniil Medvedev
- Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Christopher O’Connell
- Alexander Zverev vs. Andy Murray
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs. SoonWoo Kwon
- Andrey Rublev vs. Tallon Griekspoor: wednesday
- Alexandre Muller vs. Botic van de Zandschulp: wednesday
- Felix Auger-Aliassime (2) beat Jason Kubler: 4-6, 6-1, 6-4