into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Qatar Open: O’Connell makes second round
Christopher O’Connell beat Fernando Verdasco 6-1, 3-6, 6-0 on Monday and will play the winner of the match between Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, the No 5 seed, and Hungarian Marton Fucsovics in the next round
Christopher O’Connell Dubai 2022 / © Al Reuters / Panoramic
Qatar ExxonMobil Open •Third round • completedSee draw
Australian Christopher O’Connell reached the second round of the Qatar Open by defeating Spanish wildcard Fernando Verdasco 6-1, 3-6, 6-0 at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on Monday.
O’Connell, ranked No 94, will face the winner of the match between Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, the No 5 seed, and Hungarian Marton Fucsovics next.
Doha ATP250, other first-round results (Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex, hard, USD 1.377.025, most recent results first):
- Abedallah Shelbayh vs. SoonWoo Kwon
- Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Marton Fucsovics
- Ilya Ivashka vs. Botic van de Zandschulp
- Nikoloz Basilashvili vs. Alexandre Muller
- Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Daniel Evans
- Damir Dzumhur vs. Jiri Lehecka
- Tallon Griekspoor vs. Quentin Halys
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs. Constant Lestienne
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Andy Murray
- Oleksii Krutykh vs. Liam Broady
- Jason Kubler beat Aslan Karatsev: 7-6 (4), 1-0 ret.