2019 Wimbledon quarter-finalist Karolina Muchova tops Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to return to second week
Karolina Muchova has reached the round of 16 for the second consecutive year after her straight sets win over Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
- What happened: No 19 seed Karolina Muchova returns to the second week at Wimbledon with a 7-5, 6-3 triumph over No 16 seed Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
- Key stat: The Czech improves to 7-1 lifetime at Wimbledon.
- Key stat #2: Muchova broke Pavlyuchenkova’s serve seven times from 18 opportunities.
- Next opponent: Muchova will take on Spain’s Paula Badosa, the 30th seed, in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.