Alert: Khachanov survives Korda to reach Wimbledon quarter-finals
Karen Khachanov came through one of the wildest fifth sets in recent memory to defeat Sebastian Korda and book his spot in the Wimbledon quarter-finals.
- What happened: Russian’s Karen Khachanov edged Sebastian Korda on Court 18, 3-6, 6-4, 6-3, 5-7, 10-8 to book his first Wimbledon quarter-final appearance.
- Key stat: There were 13 breaks of serve in the fifth set, but Khachanov got the hold he needed, closing out the match in the 18th game of the decider.
- A first: Korda played his first ever five-setter. Khachanov improves to 6-7 in five-setters, and 4-0 in Wimbledon five-setters.
- Next opponent: Khachanov will face either Denis Shapovalov or Roberto Bautista Agut in the quarter-finals.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.