Alert: Muchova tops Badosa to reach second straight Wimbledon quarter-final
Karolina Muchova advanced to the quarter-finals at Wimbledon for the second consecutive time, thanks to a straight sets win over Paula Badosa.
- What happened: Karolina Muchova booked her second Wimbledon quarter-final in as many appearances, thanks to a 7-6, 6-4 victory over Spain’s Paula Badosa.
- Key stat: Muchova improves to 8-1 lifetime at Wimbledon. She was q quarter-finalist in 2019, falling to Elina Svitolina at that stage.
- Czech Mates: Muchova hopes to become the third Czech woman to win the Ladies Singles title at Wimbledon, along with Jana Novotna (1998) and Petra Kvitova (2011 and 2014).
- Only Wimbledon: Muchova has never won a WTA main draw match away from Wimbledon (0-2).
- Next opponent: Muchova will face either Coco Gauff or Angelique Kerber in the quarter-finals.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.