Keys to victory: American defeats Mertens to lock up third round of 16 appearance at Wimbledon
American Madison Keys rolled into the round of 16 at Wimbledon by defeating Elise Mertens in straight sets.
- What happened: No 23 seed Madison Keys advances to the round of 16 with a 7-5, 6-3 victory over No 13 Elise Mertens.
- Key stat: Keys bashed 29 winners against just nine for Mertens.
- Key stat #2: Keys has held serve in 27 of her 30 service games through three rounds at Wimbledon.
- No sets lost: Keys has not dropped a set at Wimbledon through three rounds, and has not lost more than five games in a single set. She improves to 18-7 lifetime at Wimbledon.
- Next opponent: The American will face Switzerland’s Viktorija Golubic in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.