Korda comes through: 20-year-old American tops Evans to reach week two on Wimbledon debut
Sebastian Korda edged British No 1 Dan Evans to book his spot in the round of 16 on his Wimbledon debut.
- What happened: 20-year-old American Sebastian Korda made the most of his Centre Court debut by edging past Dan Evans 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 on Day 5.
- Key stat: By reaching the round of 16, Korda has become the 5th Wimbledon debutant to reach the round of 16 here in the last decade – after Brian Baker (2012), Nick Kyrgios (2014), Mackenzie McDonald (2018) and Ugo Humbert (2019).
- Key stat #2: Korda cracked 51 winners to just 21 for Evans.
- Key Stat #3: Unseeded Korda has taken out two top-25 seeds – No 15 De Minaur and No 22 Evans – in three matches.
- Stunning debut: Korda also reached the round of 16 on his Roland-Garros main draw debut.
- Next opponent: Korda will face Russia’s Karen Khachanov in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.