Paula Badosa, suddenly surging at Slams, reaches week two at Wimbledon
Paula Badosa moved past Magda Linette to reach the round of 16 at Wimbledon for the first time.
- What happened: No 30 seed Paula Badosa defeated Poland’s Magda Linette, 5-7, 6-2 6-4, to reach the round of 16 at Wimbledon for the first time.
- Key stat: Badosa had never been beyond the second round of a Grand Slam before last month, when she reached the quarter-finals at Roland-Garros. The Spaniard has now won seven of her last eight matches at the majors.
- Key stat #2: Badosa cracked 40 forehand winners in her victory over Linette, giving her 40 forehand winners through three rounds.
- Next opponent: Bados will face Karolina Muchova in the round of 16. The pair have never met.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.
SHARE THIS STORY