Top-seeded Barty marches past Siniakova and into week two
Ashleigh Barty waltzed past Katerina Siniakova on Centre Court to book her spot in Wimbledon’s round of 16 for the second consecutive time.
- What happened: World No 1 Ashleigh Barty capped off her opening week at Wimbledon with a straight sets victory over unseeded Katerina Siniakova of the Czech Republic, 6-3, 7-5.
- Key stat: Barty improves 29-9 lifetime on grass.
- Key stat # 2: Barty put 88 percent of her returns in play and broke Siniakova’s serve four times out of 13 break opportunities.
- Junior champ: Barty and Iga Swiatek are the two former Wimbledon Girls’ Singles champions still remaining in the draw.
- Next opponent: Barty moves on to face Barbora Krejcikova in a blockbuster round of 16 matchup.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.