Bad Homburg Open: Anisimova through to last eight
The American could meet Simona Halep in the last eight
Sixth seed Amanda Anisimova moved into the quarter-finals of the Bad Homburg Open by defeating Ann Li 6-0, 6-2 on Wednesday afternoon.
Anisimova, ranked No 25, next faces the winner of the match between Romanian Simona Halep, the No 4 seed, and Slovenian Tamara Zidansek.
In the previous round, Anisimova edged out Belgian Alison Van Uytvanck (3-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4)).
Li, ranked No 67, won against Hungarian Anna Bondar (7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-1) in the previous round.
Bad Homburg WTA 250, other second-round results (Bod Hombourg vor der Höhe, grass, EUR 203.024, most recent results first):
- Simona Halep vs. Tamara Zidansek
- Lucia Bronzetti vs. Angelique Kerber
- Katie Swan vs. Bianca Andreescu: wednesday
- Sabine Lisicki (WC) beat Greet Minnen: 6-3, 2-6, 6-2
- Alize Cornet (9) beat Tatjana Maria (WC): 7-6 (4), 6-4
- Daria Kasatkina (1) beat Jule Niemeier (WC): 6-1, 3-6, 6-1
- Caroline Garcia beat Kamilla Rakhimova (Q): 6-3, 6-4