into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Budapest Open: Schmiedlova into the quarter-finals
Anna Karolina Schmiedlova won against Mayar Sherif 6-3, 6-2 on Wednesday night and will play the winner of the match between Bulgarian Viktoriya Tomova and Austrian Julia Grabher in the next round
Slovak Anna Karolina Schmiedlova advanced to the quarter-finals of the Budapest Open by defeating Egyptian Mayar Sherif 6-3, 6-2 at Római Tennis Academy on Wednesday.
Schmiedlova, ranked No 122, will play the winner of the match between Bulgarian Viktoriya Tomova and Austrian Julia Grabher next.
The Slovak won against Brazilian qualifier Carolina M. Alves (6-0, 6-3) in the previous round.
Sherif, ranked No 73, beat Czech qualifier Jesika Maleckova saving twelve match points (5-7, 7-6 (7), 6-3).
Budapest WTA 125, other second-round matches (Római Tennis Academy, clay, USD 115.000, most recent results first):
- Natalia Szabanin vs. Arantxa Rus
- Erika Andreeva vs. Oceane Dodin
- Viktoriya Tomova vs. Julia Grabher
- Simona Waltert vs. Anna Bondar
- Jule Niemeier vs. Tamara Zidansek
- Danka Kovinic vs. Tamara Korpatsch
- Emma Navarro vs. Lauren Davis