into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Cali Open: Pigossi makes last 8
Laura Pigossi beat Raluka Serban 6-2, 6-3 on Thursday night and will face the winner of the match between Brazilian qualifier Carolina M. Alves and Ukrainian Valeriya Strakhova in the next round
Brazilian Laura Pigossi, the second seed, moved into the quarter-finals of the Cali Open by defeating Cypriot Raluka Serban 6-2, 6-3 at the Club Campestre de Cali on Thursday night.
Pigossi, ranked No 110, will face the winner of the match between Brazilian qualifier Carolina M. Alves and Ukrainian Valeriya Strakhova next.
Ahead of her victory, the Brazilian won against Gabriela Ce (6-1, 6-1).
Serban, ranked No 215, edged out American qualifier Quinn Gleason (5-7, 6-1, 7-6 (4)) in the previous round of the Cali tournament.
Cali WTA 125K Series, other second-round results (Club Campestre de Cali, clay, USD 115.000, most recent results first):
- Martina Colmegna vs. Yuliana Lizarazo
- Renata Zarazua vs. Emiliana Arango
- Carolina M. Alves vs. Valeriya Strakhova
- Nadia Podoroska vs. Carole Monnet
- Elvina Kalieva beat Nuria Brancaccio: 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
- Fernanda Contreras Gomez (8) beat Xiaodi You: 6-2, 6-0
- Paula Ormaechea beat Aliona Bolsova (3): 7-6 (4), 6-3