into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Miami Open: Potapova reaches quarter-finals
Anastasia Potapova won against Qinwen Zheng 6-4, 7-6 (4) on Monday. She’ll play the winner of the match between American Jessica Pegula, the No 3 seed, and Pole Magda Linette, the No 20 seed, in the next round
Russian Anastasia Potapova, the No 27 seed, moved into the quarter-finals of the Miami Open by beating Chinese Qinwen Zheng, the No 23 seed, 6-4, 7-6 (4) at the Hard Rock Stadium on Monday.
Potapova, ranked No 26, will face the winner of the match between American Jessica Pegula, the No 3 seed, and Pole Magda Linette, the No 20 seed, next.
Ahead of her victory, the 21-year-old Russian won against Ukrainian Marta Kostyuk (6-1, 6-3) and American Coco Gauff, the No 6 seed (6-7 (8), 7-5, 6-2).
Zheng, ranked No 23, won against Romanian Irina-Camelia Begu (2-6, 6-1, 6-1) and Russian Liudmila Samsonova, the No 12 seed (5-7, 7-6 (5), 6-3) in the previous rounds of the Miami tournament.
Miami WTA 1000, other last 16 results (Hard Rock Stadium, hard, USD 8.800.000, most recent results first):
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Aryna Sabalenka
- Bianca Andreescu vs. Ekaterina Alexandrova
- Petra Kvitova vs. Varvara Gracheva
- Sorana Cirstea vs. Marketa Vondrousova
- Jessica Pegula vs. Magda Linette
- Elena Rybakina vs. Elise Mertens
- Martina Trevisan (25) beat Jelena Ostapenko (24): 6-3, 6-3