into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Morocco Open: American Parks through to quarters, plays Bronzetti next
Alycia Parks defeated Kamilla Rakhimova 6-4, 6-1 on Wednesday and will face Italian Lucia Bronzetti in the next round
American Alycia Parks, the No 4 seed, advanced to the last eight of the Morocco Open by winning against Russian Kamilla Rakhimova 6-4, 6-1 at Union Sportive des Cheminots du Maroc in Rabat on Wednesday.
Parks, ranked No 49 in the world and one of the biggest servers in the game, will face Italian Lucia Bronzetti next.
The 22-year-old American beat Russian qualifier Anastasia Tikhonova (6-3, 7-6 (6)) in the previous round of the Rabat Grand Prix.
In the 32 of the Rabat Grand Prix, Rakhimova, ranked No 85, defeated Moroccan wildcard Malak El Allami (6-3, 6-3).
Rabat WTA 250, other round of 16 results (Union Sportive des Cheminots du Maroc, clay, USD 259,303)
- Sloane Stephens (2) beat Timea Babos: 6-3, 6-1
- Yulia Putintseva (6) beat Leolia Jeanjean: 6-2, 6-1
- Lucia Bronzetti beat Tatjana Maria (8): 6-7 (1), 6-4, 7-5
- Julia Grabher beat Cagla Buyukakcay: 6-1, 7-6 (4)
- Martina Trevisan (1) beat Jana Fett (Q): 7-5, 7-5
- Leylah Fernandez vs. Peyton Stearns
- Mayar Sherif vs. Julia Riera