into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Morocco Open: Putintseva knocks out Jeanjean to reach quarters
Yulia Putintseva beat Leolia Jeanjean 6-2, 6-1 on Wednesday afternoon. She’ll face the winner of the match between Egyptian Mayar Sherif, the No 3 seed, and Argentinian Julia Riera in the next round
Kazakh Yulia Putintseva, the No 6 seed, beat Frenchwoman Leolia Jeanjean 6-2, 6-1 to move into the quarter-finals of the Morocco Open at Union Sportive des Cheminots du Maroc in Rabat on Wednesday.
Putintseva, ranked No 61, will play the winner of the match between Egyptian Mayar Sherif, the No 3 seed, and Argentinian Julia Riera next.
In the previous round of the Rabat Grand Prix, the Kazakh won against Moroccan wildcard Aya El Aouni (6-1, 6-4).
Jeanjean, ranked No 129, defeated Romanian Gabriela Lee (7-6 (4), 5-7, 6-3) in the 32 of the Rabat Grand Prix.
Rabat WTA 250, other round of 16 results (Union Sportive des Cheminots du Maroc, clay, USD 259,303)
- Lucia Bronzetti beat Tatjana Maria (8): 6-7 (1), 6-4, 7-5
- Julia Grabher beat Cagla Buyukakcay: 6-1, 7-6 (4)
- Martina Trevisan (1) beat Jana Fett (Q): 7-5, 7-5
- Leylah Fernandez vs. Peyton Stearns
- Mayar Sherif vs. Julia Riera
- Kamilla Rakhimova vs. Alycia Parks
- Timea Babos vs. Sloane Stephens