into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Open d’Angers: Tauson moves into last 8
Clara Tauson defeated Anna Blinkova 7-5, 6-3 on Thursday and will play the winner of the match between American wildcard Sofia Kenin and Ukrainian Anhelina Kalinina, the second seed, in the next round
Dane Clara Tauson beat Russian Anna Blinkova, the No 6 seed, 7-5, 6-3 to reach the last 8 of the Open d’Angers at Arena Loire in Trélazé on Thursday.
Tauson, ranked No 132, will play the winner of the match between American wildcard Sofia Kenin and Ukrainian Anhelina Kalinina, the second seed, next.
The 19-year-old Dane won against German wildcard Sabine Lisicki (6-1, 6-1) in the previous round.
In the first round, Blinkova, ranked No 80, won against Swiss Joanne Zuger (6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-3).
Trélazé WTA 125, other second-round results (Arena Loire, EUR 92.742, most recent results first):
- Clara Burel vs. Varvara Gracheva
- Sofia Kenin vs. Anhelina Kalinina
- Alycia Parks vs. Jaqueline Cristian
- Anna-Lena Friedsam beat Magali Kempen (Q): 6-1, 7-6 (8)
- Emeline Dartron (Q) beat Tamara Korpatsch (5): 6-4, 6-4
- Marketa Vondrousova beat Viktoriya Tomova (7): 6-2, 6-2
- Jessika Ponchet (WC) beat Greet Minnen (Q): 7-5, 6-2