into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Qatar Open: Kudermetova reaches quarter-finals
Veronika Kudermetova defeated Sofia Kenin 6-2, 7-5 on Wednesday. She’ll face American Coco Gauff, the No 4 seed, in the next round
Russian Veronika Kudermetova, the No 8 seed, beat American wildcard Sofia Kenin 6-2, 7-5 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Qatar Open at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on Wednesday.
Kudermetova, ranked No 11, will play American Coco Gauff, the No 4 seed, next.
The Russian edged out Czech Barbora Krejcikova (6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (5)) ahead of her victory.
In the previous round of the Doha Open, Kenin, ranked No 210, won against Russian Liudmila Samsonova (6-3, 6-1).
Doha WTA 500, other second-round results (Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex, hard, USD 780.637, most recent results first):
- Karolina Muchova vs. Caroline Garcia
- Iga Swiatek vs. Danielle Collins
- Daria Kasatkina vs. Beatriz Haddad Maia: wednesday
- Maria Sakkari vs. Ekaterina Alexandrova: wednesday
- Jelena Ostapenko vs. Jessica Pegula: wednesday
- Coco Gauff beat Petra Kvitova: 6-3, 7-6 (6)
- Belinda Bencic (7) beat Victoria Azarenka (WC): 1-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4