into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
ATP Adelaide: Millman saves match points to set up clash against Davidovich Fokina
Qualifier John Millman edged out Albert Ramos-Vinolas 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6) on Tuesday
Australian qualifier John Millman saved two match points in the deciding tiebreak before overcoming Spaniard Albert Ramos-Vinolas and move into the second round of the ATP Adelaide International at Memorial Drive Tennis Centre on Tuesday.
Millman closed out the win 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6) for his ATP Tour main draw win since August 2022.
Ranked No 148 in the world, the Aussie will next meet Spain’s Alejandro Davidovich Fokina, the No 7 seed, in the second round.
“I’m feeling fantastic … it’s always good when you win it 7-6 in the third,” said Millman as quoted by the Tennis Australia website. “Now I’m here playing some pretty good tennis. Moving well and not in much pain.”
Adelaide ATP 250, other first-round results (Memorial Drive Tennis Centre, hard, USD 713.495, most recent results first):
- Tommy Paul (8) beat Christopher O’Connell (LL): 6-4, 7-5
- Thanasi Kokkinakis (WC) beat Alexei Popyrin (WC): 6-0, 6-7 (5), 7-5
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina beat Brandon Nakashima: 6-2, 7-6 (3)
- Miomir Kecmanovic (6) beat Kyle Edmund: 6-4, 7-5
- Jack Draper beat Lorenzo Sonego: 6-4, 6-2
- Mackenzie McDonald beat Daniel Evans (5): 7-5, 7-5
- Jason Kubler vs. Tomas Martin Etcheverry
- SoonWoo Kwon vs. Tomas Machac
- Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Mikael Ymer
- Arthur Rinderknech vs. Marc-Andrea Huesler
- Benjamin Bonzi vs. Robin Haase