into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Banja Luka Open: Albot advances to second round after Coria retirement
Radu Albot benefited from the abandonment of Federico Coria (6-4) on Tuesday. He’ll face the winner of the match between French wildcard Gael Monfils and Czech Jiri Lehecka, the No 6 seed, in the next round
Qualifier Radu Albot reached the second round of the Banja Luka Open when Argentinian Federico Coria retired at the Tennis Klub Mladost on Tuesday.
Albot, ranked No 110, led 6-4 when Coria, ranked No 76, pulled out at the Tennis Klub Mladost on Tuesday.
Radu Albot will face the winner of the match between French wildcard Gael Monfils and Czech Jiri Lehecka, the No 6 seed, next.
Banja Luka ATP250, other first-round results (Tennis Klub Mladost, clay, EUR 562.815, most recent results first):
- Gael Monfils vs. Jiri Lehecka
- Juan Pablo Varillas vs. Hugo Gaston
- Damir Dzumhur vs. Liam Broady
- Hamad Medjedovic vs. Gregoire Barrere
- Dusan Lajovic beat Filip Krajinovic: 6-2, 4-6, 6-4
- Richard Gasquet vs. Dino Prizmic: tuesday
- Laslo Djere beat Roman Safiullin: 6-4, 6-2
- Abedallah Shelbayh (Q) beat Elias Ymer (Q): 6-1, 7-5
- Alex Molcan beat Taro Daniel: 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
- Luca Van Assche beat Stan Wawrinka: 1-6, 7-6 (4), 6-4
- Alexei Popyrin beat Tallon Griekspoor (5): 7-6 (4), 7-6 (4)