into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Dubai Open: Van de Zandschulp makes quarter-finals
Botic van de Zandschulp defeated Mikael Ymer 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Wednesday. He’ll play Russian Andrey Rublev, the second seed, in the next round
Dutchman Botic van de Zandschulp advanced to the last eight of the Dubai Open by defeating Swede Mikael Ymer 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 at the Aviation Club Tennis Centre on Wednesday.
Van de Zandschulp, ranked No 33, will face Russian Andrey Rublev, the second seed, next.
Ahead of his victory, the Dutchman won against Russian Karen Khachanov, the No 6 seed (7-5, 6-2).
Ymer, ranked No 59, won against Italian lucky loser Francesco Passaro (6-2, 6-3) in the previous round of the Dubai tournament.
Dubai ATP500, other second-round results (Aviation Club Tennis Centre, hard, USD 2.855.495, most recent results first):
- Daniil Medvedev vs. Alexander Bublik
- Thanasi Kokkinakis vs. Borna Coric
- Novak Djokovic vs. Tallon Griekspoor
- Pavel Kotov vs. Hubert Hurkacz
- Alexander Zverev vs. Christopher O’Connell: wednesday
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Felix Auger-Aliassime: wednesday
- Andrey Rublev beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina: 1-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (3)