into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Dubai Open: Zverev eases into quarters; takes on surprise package Sonego next
Alexander Zverev won against Christopher O’Connell 7-5, 6-4 on Wednesday afternoon. He’ll face the winner of the match between Italian Lorenzo Sonego and Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, the No 4 seed, in the next round
German Alexander Zverev, the No 7 seed, beat Australian qualifier Christopher O’Connell 7-5, 6-4 to move into the last 8 of the Dubai Open at the Aviation Club Tennis Centre on Wednesday afternoon.
Zverev, ranked No 16, will play Italian Lorenzo Sonego next after he beat Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, the No 4 seed.
The German edged out Czech Jiri Lehecka (4-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the previous round of the Dubai tournament.
In the previous round of the Dubai tournament, O’Connell, ranked No 92, won against Finn Emil Ruusuvuori (7-5, 6-4).
Dubai ATP500, other second-round results (Aviation Club Tennis Centre, hard, USD 2.855.495, most recent results first):
- Daniil Medvedev vs. Alexander Bublik
- Pavel Kotov vs. Hubert Hurkacz
- Thanasi Kokkinakis vs. Borna Coric
- Novak Djokovic vs. Tallon Griekspoor
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Felix Auger-Aliassime: wednesday
- Andrey Rublev (2) beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina: 1-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (3)
- Botic van de Zandschulp beat Mikael Ymer: 3-6, 6-3, 6-3