into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Korea Open: Jarry reaches second round, Ruud next
Nicolas Jarry beat Ryan Peniston 6-3, 7-6 (8) on Tuesday
Chilean qualifier Nicolas Jarry won against lucky loser Ryan Peniston 6-3, 7-6 (8) to reach the second round of the Korea Open at the Seoul Olympic Park on Tuesday.
Jarry, ranked No 111, will play top seed Casper Ruud next.
Seoul ATP 250, other first-round matches (Seoul Olympic Park, hard, USD 1.237.570, most recent results first):
- Taro Daniel vs. Emilio Gomez
- SoonWoo Kwon vs. Yunseong Chung
- Yoshihito Nishioka vs. Daniel Evans
- Chun-Hsin Tseng vs. Christopher O’Connell
- Jenson Brooksby vs. Tung-lin Wu
- Steve Johnson beat JiSung Nam (WC): 7-6 (3), 6-4
- Mackenzie McDonald vs. Pedro Martinez: tuesday
- Kaichi Uchida (WC) beat Seong Chan Hong (WC): 6-4, 6-2
- Radu Albot beat Hiroki Moriya (LL): 6-3, 6-4
- Aleksandar Kovacevic (LL) beat Miomir Kecmanovic (7): 6-4, 6-4
- Jaume Munar beat Yosuke Watanuki (Q): 2-1 ret.