into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Marseille Open: Dimitrov reaches quarter-finals, beats qualifier
Grigor Dimitrov won against Gijs Brouwer 6-3, 6-2 on Thursday. He’ll play Kazakh Alexander Bublik in the next round
Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria during the ABN Amro Open 2023, ATP 500 tennis tournament on February 18, 2023 in Rotterdam, Netherlands – Photo Laurent Lairys / PANORAMIC
Open 13 Provence •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, the No 4 seed, reached the last eight of the Marseille Open by beating Dutch qualifier Gijs Brouwer 6-3, 6-2 at the Palais des sports de Marseille on Thursday.
Dimitrov, ranked No 25, will face Kazakh Alexander Bublik next.
This is Dimitrov’s first appearance in Marseille since 2011, when he lost to Dmitry Tursunov in the first round.
Brouwer, ranked No 116, won against Swede Elias Ymer (3-6, 7-5, 6-3) in the previous round of the Open de Provence.
You might also like this
Marseille ATP250, other second-round results (Palais des sports de Marseille, hard, EUR 707.510, most recent results first):
- Alexander Ritschard vs. Alex De Minaur
- Arthur Fils vs. Jannik Sinner
- Hubert Hurkacz (1) beat Leandro Riedi: 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Mikael Ymer vs. David Goffin
- Stan Wawrinka beat Richard Gasquet (7): 4-6, 7-5, 6-2
- Alexander Bublik beat Gregoire Barrere: 6-4, 6-2
- Benjamin Bonzi beat Maxime Cressy (5): 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-3