into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Metz Open: Rinderknech makes last eight
Arthur Rinderknech won against Nikoloz Basilashvili 7-6 (11), 6-3 on Thursday. He’ll face the winner of the match between Austrian Dominic Thiem and Pole Hubert Hurkacz, the second seed, in the next round
Frenchman Arthur Rinderknech defeated Georgian Nikoloz Basilashvili, the No 5 seed, 7-6 (11), 6-3 to move into the quarter-finals of the Metz Open at Arènes de Metz on Thursday.
Rinderknech, ranked No 60, will play the winner of the match between Austrian Dominic Thiem and Pole Hubert Hurkacz, the second seed, next.
Ahead of his victory, the Frenchman edged out Spaniard Jaume Munar (6-2, 2-6, 7-5).
Basilashvili, ranked No 36, benefited from the abandonment of Belgian qualifier Zizou Bergs (4-6, 1-2) in the previous round of the Metz.
Metz ATP 250, other second-round results (Arènes de Metz, EUR 597.900, most recent results first):
- Holger Rune vs. Benjamin Bonzi
- Daniil Medvedev vs. Stan Wawrinka
- Dominic Thiem vs. Hubert Hurkacz
- Gregoire Barrere vs. Mikael Ymer
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Gilles Simon
- Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Alexander Bublik
- Sebastian Korda beat Lorenzo Musetti (3): 6-3, 7-6 (6)