into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Mexican Open: Mmoh wins all-American matchup with Giron
Michael Mmoh defeated Marcos Giron in straight sets at the ATP Acapulco 500 on Monday. Thus continues Mmoh’s strong start to the season.
Michael Mmoh at the 2020 Australian Open
Abierto Mexicano Telcel presentado por HSBC •Third round • completedSee draw
Michael Mmoh defeated fellow American Marcos Giron 7-6(3), 6-1 to advance to the second round of the Mexican Open at the Princess Mundo Imperial in Acapulco on Monday night.
Mmoh, ranked No 86 and a third-round performer as a qualifier at the Australian Open, will play the winner of the match between Ecuadorian Emilio Gomez and American Tommy Paul, the No 7 seed, in the round of 16.
Acapulco ATP500, other first-round matchups and results:
- Alex De Minaur vs. Rodrigo Pacheco Mendez
- Jacopo Berrettini vs. Oscar Otte
- Daniel Altmaier vs. Brandon Nakashima
- Carlos Alcaraz vs. Mackenzie McDonald
- Nuno Borges vs. Nick Chappell
- Matteo Berrettini vs. Alex Molcan
- Cameron Norrie vs. Adrian Mannarino
- Guido Andreozzi vs. Casper Ruud
- Taro Daniel vs. J.J. Wolf
- Emilio Gomez vs. Tommy Paul
- Yoshihito Nishioka vs. Frances Tiafoe
- Christopher Eubanks vs. Feliciano López
- Ben Shelton vs. Holger Rune
- Denis Shapovalov vs. Miomir Kecmanovic: tuesday
- Taylor Fritz (3) d. John Isner: 3-6, 6-3, 6-4