into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Qatar Open: Davidovich Fokina advances to quarter-finals
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina won against SoonWoo Kwon 6-3, 6-2 on Wednesday afternoon and will play Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, the second seed, in the next round
Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina, the No 7 seed, won against SoonWoo Kwon 6-3, 6-2 to reach the quarter-finals of the Qatar Open at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha on Wednesday.
Davidovich Fokina, ranked No 31, will face Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, the second seed, next.
Ahead of his victory, the Spaniard beat Frenchman Constant Lestienne (6-4, 6-3).
Kwon, ranked No 68, edged out Jordanian wildcard Abedallah Shelbayh (6-3, 3-6, 6-4) in the previous round of the Doha Open.
Doha ATP250, other second-round results (Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex, hard, USD 1.377.025, most recent results first):
- Liam Broady vs. Daniil Medvedev
- Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Christopher O’Connell
- Alexander Zverev vs. Andy Murray: wednesday
- Andrey Rublev (1) beat Tallon Griekspoor: 1-6, 6-1, 7-6 (6)
- Alexandre Muller (Q) beat Botic van de Zandschulp (8): 6-2, 6-4
- Jiri Lehecka beat Emil Ruusuvuori: 6-2, 7-6 (2)
- Felix Auger-Aliassime beat Jason Kubler: 4-6, 6-1, 6-4