into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Evans outs Otte to set second-round clash with Khachanov at Vienna
Daniel Evans won against Oscar Otte 6-4, 7-6 (3) on Tuesday afternoon and will face Russian Karen Khachanov in the next round
Action Plus / Panoramic
Daniel Evans reached the second round of the Vienna Open by winning against German lucky loser Oscar Otte 6-4, 7-6 (3) at the Wiener Stadthalle on Tuesday.
Every win at this point of the season is significant for Evans – he has notched a personal-best 28 wins on tour in 2022, including four at the majors and eight at the Masters 1000 level.
Evans, ranked No 26, will play Russian Karen Khachanov next.
Vienna ATP 500, other first-round results (Wiener Stadthalle, EUR 2.489.935, most recent results first):
- Dennis Novak vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Tallon Griekspoor vs. Marcos Giron
- Cristian Garin vs. Jannik Sinner
- Daniil Medvedev vs. Nikoloz Basilashvili
- Hubert Hurkacz vs. Frances Tiafoe
- Pedro Cachin vs. Cameron Norrie
- Dominic Thiem vs. Tommy Paul
- Jurij Rodionov vs. Denis Shapovalov
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Emil Ruusuvuori: tuesday
- Grigor Dimitrov vs. Thiago Monteiro: tuesday
- Andrey Rublev (3) beat Diego Schwartzman: 6-4, 6-1
- Francisco Cerundolo beat Filip Misolic (WC): 6-3, 6-3
- Taylor Fritz (4) beat Yoshihito Nishioka (Q): 6-7 (4), 7-6 (7), 6-3
- Borna Coric beat Quentin Halys (Q): 3-6, 7-5, 6-3
- Karen Khachanov beat J.J. Wolf (Q): 7-6 (4), 7-5