Zhuhai Open: Etcheverry reaches second round, defeats qualifier Saville
Tomas Martin Etcheverry defeated Luke Saville 6-4, 6-4 on Thursday night and will play Dalibor Svrcina in the next round
Argentinian Tomas Martin Etcheverry, the No 5 seed, defeated Australian qualifier Luke Saville 6-4, 6-4 to move into the second round of the Zhuhai Open at the Zhuhai Hengqin International Tennis Centre on Thursday night.
Etcheverry, ranked No 35, will face Dalibor Svrcina next.
Zhuhai ATP250, other first-round results (Zhuhai Hengqin International Tennis Centre, hard, USD 981.785, most recent results first):
- Juncheng Shang vs. Mackenzie McDonald
- Alexandre Muller vs. Rinky Hijikata
- Andy Murray vs. Ye Cong Mo: thursday
- Yi Zhou vs. Cristian Garin: thursday
- Alex Bolt (Q) beat Diego Schwartzman: 6-3, 4-2 ret.
- Kimmer Coppejans beat Aleksandar Kovacevic: 7-6 (4), 6-1
- Marc Polmans (Q) beat Dane Sweeny (Q): 6-3, 6-1
- Aslan Karatsev beat Matteo Arnaldi: 6-7 (5), 7-6 (5), 6-2
- Dalibor Svrcina beat Zhe Li (WC): 6-4, 6-3
- Yoshihito Nishioka (8) beat Terence Atmane: 0-6, 6-4, 6-2
- Lloyd Harris beat Jiri Vesely: 6-4, 6-2