Zverev marches past Sandgren into Wimbledon third round
All of the notable men’s results on Day 4 at Wimbledon, including a straight-set win for Alexander Zverev to begin the schedule of play.
Alexander Zverev coasted into the last 32 at Wimbledon thanks to a 7-5, 6-2, 6-3 rout of Tennys Sandgren on Thursday afternoon. Zverev turned in a convincing performance on Court 2, doubling his unforced error count (18) with winners (36) to advance in one hour and 45 minutes.
The sixth-ranked German fired 13 aces while double-faulting only twice.
“I feel pretty [good],” Zverev assured. “Of course I know that the opponents are getting tougher. I know that I need to play better tennis. But all in all, I’m happy where I am. I hope I can continue to build on my form…. I feel like the top guys always raise their level in the second week of Grand Slams. I hope to do that as well.”
He awaits either Taylor Fritz or Steve Johnson on Saturday.
- Seeds who won on Thursday: Daniil Medvedev (No 2), Alexander Zverev (No 4), Roger Federer (No 6), Matteo Berrettini (No 7), Roberto Bautista Agut (No 8), Hubert Hurkacz (No 14), Cristian Garin (No 17), Lorenzo Sonego (No 23), Cameron Norrie (No 29), Taylor Fritz (No 31), Marin Cilic (No 32)
- Seeds who lost on Thursday: Gael Monfils (No 13), Grigor Dimitrov (No 18)
- Seeds on Thursday’s schedule (2nd round): Felix Auger-Aliassime (No 16)
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live , see the men’s and women’s draws , we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Thursday’s schedule at Wimbledon is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.