15 on the trot! Barbora Krejcikova keeps rolling at Wimbledon
Barbora Krejcikova’s remarkable form continued on Day 6 at Wimbledon, as she edged Latvia’s Anastasija to reach the round of 16 on her debut at SW19.
- What happened: 2021 Roland-Garros champion Barbora Krejicikova edged Latvia’s Anastasija Sevastova, 7-6(1), 3-6, 7-5 to book her spot in the round of 16 at Wimbledon.
- A stunning debut! As strange as it sounds, Krejcikova is making her main draw debut at Wimbledon. But she is a former Ladies’ Doubles champion.
- Key stat: Krejcikova made 57 unforced errors on the day but still managed to get the job done, thanks to 35 of 44 net points won. She won just two more points than Sevastova – 110 to 108.
- Streaking: Krejcikova, the No 14 seed, has now won 15 consecutive matches dating back to the beginning of her title run at Strasbourg just prior to Roland-Garros.
- Next opponent: Krejcikova will face either Ashleigh Barty or her doubles partner Katerina Siniakova in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.