Alert: Andy Murray ousted by Denis Shapovalov at Wimbledon
Denis Shapovalov ended the resurgent run of two-time Wimbledon champion Andy Murray in the third round on Day 5.
- What happened: Denis Shapovalov ended Andy Murray’s run at Wimbledon in the third round by handing the 34-year-old Scot a 6-4, 6-2, 6-2 defeat.
- Key stat: Shapovalov won 50 percent of his first-serve return points and broke Murray’s serve six times on 11 opportunities. Murray was only able to hold six times in his 12 service games.
- Key stat #2: Shapovalov has won all five matches he has played against players at their home Slams – one at every Slam except for the US Open, where has defeated two Americans.
- Murray turned back the clock: Despite the loss the two-time Wimbledon champion can feel good about the fact that he reached the third round at a major for the first time since 2017.
- Next opponent: The Canadian will face 2019 semi-finalist Roberto Bautista Agut in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.