Coco Gauff confidently dispatches Kaja Juvan to reach Wimbledon’s round of 16
17-year-old Coco Gauff is back in the round of 16 at Wimbledon after dispatching Slovenia’s Kaja Juvan in straight sets on Day 6.
- What happened: Two years after reaching the second week as a 15-year-old, Coco Gauff is back into the round of 16 at SW19, thanks to a 6-3, 6-3 victory over Kaja Juvan of Slovenia.
- Key stat: 17-year-old Gauff improves to 4-1 in third-round matches at majors. She has yet to drop a set at Wimbledon this year.
- Key stat #2: Gauff is the youngest player remaining in the Wimbledon draw, and one of two teenagers on the women’s side, along with 18-year-old British wild card Emma Raducanu.
- Next opponent: The No 20 seed will face 25th-seeded Angelique Kerber in the fourth round.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.