Rublev tops Fognini in four sets to reach round of 16
Andrey Rublev knocked off Fabio Fognini to reach the round of 16 at Wimbledon for the first time.
- What happened: Russia’s Andrey Rublev, the No 5 seed, is into the round of 16 at Wimbledon for the first time after defeating Fabio Fognini, 6-3, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2.
- Key stat: Rublev reached his first grass-court final two weeks ago at Halle.
- Key stat #2: Rublev hit 36 winners against 28 unforced errors.
- Next opponent: The Russian will face either Diego Schwartzman or Marton Fucsovics in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.