Sabalenka surges into Wimbledon’s week two with win over Osorio Serrano
Aryna Sabalenka reached the round of 16 at Wimbledon for the first time on Friday.
- What happened: No 2 seed Aryna Sabalenka booked a spot in Wimbledon’s second week for the first time with a 6-0, 6-3 triumph over Colombia’s Maria Camila Osorio Serrano in 75 minutes.
- Key stat: Sabalenka is the only top-20 seed at Wimbledon that has yet to reach a Grand Slam quarter-final.
- Key stat #2: Sabalenka entered Wimbledon this year with a 1-2 lifetime record at the championships.
- Long time coming: Sabalenka will bid for her first Grand Slam quarter-final on manic Monday. She is playing her 15th Grand Slam main draw.
- Next opponent: The Belarusian will face No 18 seed Elena Rybakina in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.