into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
WTA Rankings – Kontaveit back to top-3, Kudermetova career-high as Race to Dallas heats up
With less than a month of tennis ahead of the WTA Finals, the race heats up with six spots still yet to be claimed.
Anett Kontaveit moves back to No 3 in this week’s WTA rankings, while fierce jockeying for position in the WTA Race to Dallas standings continues. Scroll down for a closer look at this week’s rankings news…
Kontaveit back to No 3
Estonia’s Anett Kontaveit reached the final on home soil at the Tallinn Open, and leapfrogs Paula Badosa in the rankings as a result. She returns to No 3 in the world, and rises to 14th in the Race.
The only other riser inside the WTA’s top-10 was Maria Sakkari, who climbed from No 10 to No 9.
Krejcikova (+4) and Sherif (+25) notable risers
Barbora Krecjikova returns to the top-25 after winning the title in Tallinn, the Czech jumping from 40 to 24, while Mayar Sherif, fresh off her history-making title in Parma, jumped from 75 to 49.
Ana Bogdan (+7) rises to a career-high ranking at 46, after reaching the semis at Parma.
Race heats up as Tour moves to Ostrava and Monastir
Iga Swiatek and Ons Jabeur have already booked their spots in Dallas, but six opening remain and the competition is tight. Here’s how things look heading into the week of October 3:
- Swiatek 9560 (Qualified) | Playing Ostrava
- Jabeur 4496 (Qualified) | Playing Monastir
- Pegula, 3232 |
- Gauff, 2983 |
- Garcia, 2896 |
- Sabalenka, 2871 |
- Kasatkina, 2831 | Playing Ostrava
- (Halep, 2661 – OUT due to injury)
- Sakkari, 2537 | Playing Ostrava
- Kudermetova, 2497 | Playing Monastir
- Bencic, 2306 | Playing Ostrava
- Badosa, 2264 | Playing Ostrava
- Keys, 2214 | Playing Ostrava
- Kontaveit, 2092 | Playing Ostrava
- Haddad Maia, 2050 | Playing Ostrava