into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
WTA Adelaide International: Collins beats Teichmann to reach quarter-finals
Danielle Collins won against Jil Teichmann 6-3, 7-6 (2) on Wednesday night. She’ll face the winner of the match between Ekaterina Alexandrova and No 6 seed Veronika Kudermetova in the next round
Last year’s Australian Open runner-up Danielle Collins, the No 10 seed, reached the quarter-finals of the WTA Adelaide International by beating Swiss qualifier Jil Teichmann 6-3, 7-6 (2) at the Memorial Drive Tennis Park on Wednesday.
Collins, ranked No 14, will play the winner of the match between Ekaterina Alexandrova and No 6 seed Veronika Kudermetova next.
Ahead of her win today, the hard-hitting American had beaten former world No 1 and Czech qualifier Karolina Pliskova (6-2, 6-4).
Teichmann, ranked No 33, had overcome Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (7-5, 6-4) in the Adelaide opener.
Adelaide WTA 500, other second round results (Memorial Drive Tennis Park, hard, USD 780,637, most recent results first):
- Petra Kvitova (12) beat Qinwen Zheng (Q): 7-6 (6) ret.
- Caroline Garcia vs. Katerina Siniakova
- Ekaterina Alexandrova vs. Veronika Kudermetova
- Kaia Kanepi vs. Paula Badosa
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Daria Kasatkina
- Beatriz Haddad Maia vs. Amanda Anisimova
- Anna Kalinskaya vs. Belinda Bencic