into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
WTA Adelaide International: Haddad Maia beats Anisimova to reach quarters
Beatriz Haddad Maia will play the winner of the match between Estonian lucky loser Kaia Kanepi and Spaniard Paula Badosa, the No 9 seed, in the next round
Brazil’s Beatriz Haddad Maia, the No 11 seed, defeated American lucky loser Amanda Anisimova 6-4, 7-5 to advance to the last eight of the WTA Adelaide International at the Memorial Drive Tennis Park on Wednesday.
Haddad Maia, ranked No 15, will play the winner of the match between d Spaniard Paula Badosa, the No 9 seed, and Estonian lucky loser Kaia Kanepi next.
The Brazilian had beaten Romanian qualifier Sorana Cirstea (7-6 (5), 6-1) in the previous round while Anisimova, ranked No 29, had overcome Russian Liudmila Samsonova (7-5, 6-3).
Adelaide WTA 500, other second round results (Memorial Drive Tennis Park, hard, USD 780,637, most recent results first):
- Belinda Bencic (8) beat Anna Kalinskaya (Q): 6-3, 6-3
- Petra Kvitova (12) beat Qinwen Zheng (Q): 7-6 (6) ret.
- Danielle Collins (10) beat Jil Teichmann (Q): 6-3, 7-6 (2)
- Caroline Garcia vs. Katerina Siniakova
- Ekaterina Alexandrova vs. Veronika Kudermetova
- Kaia Kanepi vs. Paula Badosa
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Daria Kasatkina