into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Guadalajara Open: Kudermetova advances to quarter-finals
Veronika Kudermetova defeated Jelena Ostapenko 6-4, 6-4 on Thursday evening and will face the winner of the match between American Danielle Collins, the No 14 seed, and Greek Maria Sakkari, the No 4 seed, in the next round
Russian Veronika Kudermetova, the No 8 seed, defeated Latvian Jelena Ostapenko, the No 12 seed, 6-4, 6-4 to move into the last eight of the Guadalajara Open at the Centro Panamericano de Tenis on Thursday evening.
Kudermetova, ranked No 12, will play the winner of the match between American Danielle Collins, the No 14 seed, and Greek Maria Sakkari, the No 4 seed, next.
Ahead of her victory, the Russian won against Croat wildcard Donna Vekic (6-4, 7-5).
Ostapenko, ranked No 23, beat American qualifier Lauren Davis (6-1, 6-3) and Canadian wildcard Eugenie Bouchard (7-5, 2-6, 6-1) earlier in the tournament.
Guadalajara WTA 1000, other last 16 results (Centro Panamericano de Tenis, hard, USD 2.527.250, most recent results first):
- Daria Kasatkina vs. Anna Kalinskaya
- Danielle Collins vs. Maria Sakkari
- Sloane Stephens vs. Caroline Garcia
- Victoria Azarenka vs. Madison Keys
- Marie Bouzkova vs. Liudmila Samsonova
- Jessica Pegula (3) beat Bianca Andreescu: 6-4, 6-4
- Coco Gauff (5) beat Martina Trevisan: 6-0, 6-3