into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Miami Open: Ostapenko beats Haddad Maia, reaches last 16
Jelena Ostapenko won against Beatriz Haddad Maia 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 on Saturday. She’ll play the winner of the match between American Claire Liu and Italian Martina Trevisan, the No 25 seed, in the next round
Latvian Jelena Ostapenko, the No 24 seed, advanced to the last 16 of the Miami Open by defeating Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia, the No 13 seed, 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 at the Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday.
Ostapenko, ranked No 22, will face the winner of the match between American Claire Liu and Italian Martina Trevisan, the No 25 seed, next.
The Latvian won against Swede qualifier Mirjam Bjorklund (6-3, 6-4) in the previous round of the Miami tournament.
In the previous round of the Miami tournament, Haddad Maia, ranked No 14, won against Czech qualifier Tereza Martincova (7-6 (4), 0-6, 6-0).
Miami WTA 1000, other third-round results (Hard Rock Stadium, hard, USD 8.800.000, most recent results first):
- Elena Rybakina vs. Paula Badosa
- Marie Bouzkova vs. Aryna Sabalenka
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Madison Keys
- Karolina Pliskova vs. Marketa Vondrousova
- Sorana Cirstea vs. Karolina Muchova
- Magdalena Frech vs. Varvara Gracheva
- Petra Kvitova vs. Donna Vekic
- Ekaterina Alexandrova vs. Belinda Bencic
- Bianca Andreescu vs. Sofia Kenin
- Petra Martic vs. Elise Mertens
- Jessica Pegula vs. Danielle Collins
- Claire Liu vs. Martina Trevisan
- Magda Linette vs. Victoria Azarenka
- Anastasia Potapova vs. Coco Gauff: saturday
- Liudmila Samsonova vs. Qinwen Zheng: saturday