into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Seoul Open: Maria through to quarter-finals
Tatjana Maria beat Kimberly Birrell 6-0, 6-3 on Wednesday night. She’ll face Chinese Lin Zhu, the No 4 seed, in the next round
German Tatjana Maria, the No 7 seed, moved into the last 8 of the Seoul Open by winning against Australian Kimberly Birrell 6-0, 6-3 at the Seoul Olympic Park on Wednesday.
Maria, ranked No 80, will play Chinese Lin Zhu, the No 4 seed, next.
In the previous round of the Hana Bank Korea Open, the 35-year-old German beat Canadian Eugenie Bouchard (7-6 (5), 7-6 (5)).
Birrell, ranked No 309, edged out Priscilla Hon (6-4, 4-6, 6-4).
Seoul WTA 250, other second-round matches (Seoul Olympic Park, hard, USD 251.750, most recent results first):
- Anna Blinkova vs. Lulu Sun : to be played
- Yanina Wickmayer vs. Emma Raducanu : to be played
- Magda Linette vs. Kristina Mladenovic : to be played
- Jelena Ostapenko vs. Anastasia Gasanova : to be played
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva vs. Rebecca Marino : to be played
- Na-Lae Han vs. Ekaterina Alexandrova: wednesday : to be played
- Lin Zhu beat Ankita Raina (Q): 6-1, 6-3