into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Korda edges Khachanov to take place in Antwerp quarter-finals
Sebastian Korda won against Karen Khachanov 7-5, 7-6 (9) on Thursday. He’ll face Japanese Yoshihito Nishioka, the No 8 seed, in the next round
Zuma / Panoramic
American Sebastian Korda moved into the quarter-finals of the European Open by winning against Russian Karen Khachanov, the No 4 seed, 7-5, 7-6 (9) at the Lotto Arena in Antwerp on Thursday.
Korda, ranked No 36, saved four set points in the second set and will now play Japanese Yoshihito Nishioka, the No 8 seed.
The 22-year-old American edged out Marcos Giron (6-3, 6-7, 6-4) in the previous round.
Antwerp ATP 250, other second-round results (Lotto Arena, EUR 648.130, most recent results first):
- Manuel Guinard vs. Felix Auger-Aliassime
- David Goffin vs. Diego Schwartzman
- Dominic Thiem vs. Francisco Cerundolo: thursday
- Hubert Hurkacz (1) beat Jack Draper: 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 6-1
- Yoshihito Nishioka beat Jaume Munar: 6-1, 7-6 (3)
- Richard Gasquet beat Dominic Stricker (Q): 7-6 (6), 7-5
- Daniel Evans (5) beat Constant Lestienne: 6-2, 6-1